Are you already enjoying your Shodo practice in a warm cozy room with some candles on?!
When it comes to practising Shodo, Autumn and Winter seasons are great for us to refind a inner silence and develop a deeper sense of mindfulness.
Today I post a perfect seasonal Otehon for here and now.
Otehonn text “shimobashira 霜柱”
: しもばしら/ シモバシラ
-English: Frost pillar, Frost columns
-German: Frost Kristalle, Raureif
-霜 shimo : Frost
-柱 bashira : Column, Pillar
-Level: beginner to intermediate
-Brush size: medium to big, for both hard and soft haired
– make sure the difference between the side brushing and the direct brushing
– a clear 1-2-3 movement in the corner techniques
– left Harai technique, always wait for the cursive point.
– check all types of bending strokes
– check the middle line and composition balance
Enjoy your Shodo hours”